Playing The Sims Freeplay 'An Alien Concept: Weather Machine'

So if you are playing The Sims Freeplay, and you are on Level 14, you will come across this quest. "An Alien Concept: Weather Machine". It's not easy and you need to plan early to finish early or use a lot of LPs to do them quickly. All I can say is that this quest is costly! So better read this first and plan. I just don't know if all the goals are the same for every account/player.

Here are the tasks that needs to be accomplished fast to get the reward.

1. Search for UFO's in the Park (1 day)
 - Use one of the telescopes in the park. (When I had this quest my park was not yet constructed, I had to wait for 30 hours just to finish the park, then one of my sims can do the quest, another 24 hours... Urgh!)


2. Be nice to an Alien (1 min)
- Now that you have found the UFO through the telescope, it's time to meet them.



3. Go to the Park

4. End is Nigh on the Soapbox  (12 hours)
- Tap one of the boxes on the ground. (While one of my sim is searching UFO in the park, I had another doing this task. But when I get back to the game my progress isn't saved, the sim doing this task wasn't doing this task. So back to waiting again. I guess the 'game-not-progressing' when you get back to it depends on the internet connection.)



5. Become Bestfriends with the Alien
- Friend, Good friend then Bestfriends! Just Be Nice to Osiris!

Meet Osiris!
6. Browse the Internet (5 mins)

7. Be nice to Osiris (1 min)

8. Spend 16,000 Simoleons on electronics.
- Money! You better have a lot of simoleons or start planting. (Before I had this task I was designing one of my houses and bought some electronics. BUT, they don't count. Yeah, so I have to plant and plant and plant to have 16,000 simoleons to buy stuff I already bought.)

9. Bake croissants (18 hours)

10. Negotiate with a sim-eating plant (3 min)
- Well, you should have planted an experimental plant. You can choose to plant lettuce which should be done in 45 minutes only, and pray that it would turn into a sim-eating plant than a vegetable.

The Sim-Eating Plant! Well, it doesn't really eat your sims.
11. Read a Fine Literature (13 hours)

12. Warn Simanity (1 day)
- Yes, go to the park again and tap one of the soapbox.

13. Make herbal tea (2 mins)

14. Watch a Movie Marathon (9 hours)
- I let the little children do this task.

15. Be rude to Osiris (10 seconds)

16. Woo-hoo (5 mins)
- By this time you should have couples dating already.

17. Deep Sleep (6 hours)
- One of your sims should be in bed (and not one of those children or babies, they don't count!)

18. Buy a World Globe
- And it costs 10,000 simoleons! (Update from comments below: Do not buy world globe before this task)


19. Plot World Domination (10 hours)
-through the use of the world globe you just bought.

20. Be funny to Osiris (10 seconds)

21. Play Electronica in Stereo (1 min)
-Yey! Let's dance and party!



You can complete this quest within 5-6 days!

After finishing the quest An Alien Concept: Weather Machine, you will be rewarded with a Weather Machine that can be found in the Buy Mode-Electronics Section. It should be free. But then after that free item, when you want another weather machine for other houses you have, you will need 300,000 Simoleons. What does it do? Here's a glimpse!
The Weather Machine

And also by completing it the Snow Park can now be constructed after the quest and Snow Collection/Accessories in wardrobe will be added if completed within the time limit.

Enjoy playing!


Update: January 2014
There has been a lot of changes in the game since the Sims Freeplay updated this year. After completing the quest whether within the given time limit or not, the reward weather machine will be "UNLOCKABLE" and NOT FREE. It costs 70,000 simoleons. Yeah, it's kinda sad that it's not free, but then on the brighter side of things, the original price of the weather machine is 300,000 simoleons, now, it's down to 70K only.


GameCenter: daisies4daisy
House For Neighbors: 20 Westside
Ghosthunting: 2 Firehouse Road
Pets & Teenage Idol Musical Instruments: 1 East Oceanside

Comments

  1. I was looking all over for this. Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have trouble with the 1600 sims money for the electric. please help me. I don'know what buy that's add up 1600.

      Delete
    2. I have trouble with the 1600 sims money for the electric. please help me. I don'know what buy that's add up 1600.

      Delete
  2. Can u have another sim start the next long task as long as it does not finish before the previous? Such as start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you can. for example you can have a sim reading a fine literature while another sim is at the park warning simanity. also you can have another sim doing Deep Sleep task in a house alone, just go to that house or tap that sim when the goal "Deep Sleep" is your goal. hope that helped and sorry for the late reply...

      Delete
    2. I did the same thing before!!!!

      Delete
  3. I completed this quest on time but I was charged 70,000 simoleons for the machine. Why wasn't that free? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, due to the big 2014 update of this game, the weather machine is not free whether you finish it on time. It is just unlockable. On the other side, they cut the price from 300,000 simoleons to 70,000 simoleons only.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, this is helping but, when i finished this quest. The weather machine is 70,000 simleons. And i finish it within 6 days and i don't get the prize in the wardrobe. What should i do? I hope you can help my problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, yup. unfortunately with the updated game the weather machine is just unlockable and not free whether you finish it on time. Good thing they cut the price from 300,000 to 70,000 simoleons. The snow collection outfits can be found in thecostumes store previously named fashion store. The accessories in the wardrobe includes the yellow boots for shoes, the winter hats and earmuffs...

      Delete
  6. I was halfway through the 'Bake Croissants' part of this mission when I opened the game to check on progress and I was magically back at the 'Spend 16,000 Simoleons on electronics' part. I had a stable wifi connection the whole time, and oddly enough, the game seemed to have saved when I had already bought a few items into the Electronics mission. At least it restored the Simoleons I hadn't spent yet.

    Very odd, but a good way to get people to spend money on a 'free' game if they want the 'free' prizes, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, and I guess the developer found the trick on finishing tasks faster without using LPs because the next quests such as 'Adulthood' doesn't give tasks that can be done by sims daily like reading or baking. Most tasks for the succeeding quests will be 'doable' only if it is the task at hand. You can't have multiple sims doing different tasks.

      Delete
    2. And the 'Seniors' Quest really made me change my mind into finishing quests within the time limit. If you get to that quest, you will really spend your hard-earned real money if you want the 'free' prize for you will only be given 3 days to complete the quest. Really.

      Delete
  7. How to make hebal tea..?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess to do that you need to buy a teapot, it's where the coffee machines are in the shop. I am on this quest now and really happy I found this topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this task i didnt bake croissants cause in the tasks it didnt come and then also my weather machine is unlocked and i got all the outfits

      Delete
  9. I discovered that if you already own the globe it doesn't matter. They make you buy another one. I tried to get ahead by plotting world domination but I still ha to buy the globe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already had a globe and i started plotting world domination my task was to buy a globe and it was not completed of buying a globe then i bought a globe and then i sold the new globe and then it was completed

      Delete
  10. I am on the UFO quest, and my Sim can not reach the telecope...it just sit there, and when I tap it my sim makes the no noise and uses his hands...help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine does the same thing. Help! Please!

      Delete
    2. have you updated your sims freeplay application? maybe there is a glitch or something. i suggest you contact firemonkeys/support.

      Delete
    3. I had this too. I just closed app, restarted and went to telescope near pond rather than near wall and it worked.

      Delete
  11. hey im doing this quest now but i am on task 18 now where i have to buy the globe. i already have a globe and dont want to buy another one. also dont have the money to buy another one. any way i can pass this task without buying a new one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, there is no way you can skip the task. you really have to buy the world globe again.

      Delete
    2. U can sell one globe

      Delete
  12. hey im doing this quest now but i am on task 18 now where i have to buy the globe. i already have a globe and dont want to buy another one. also dont have the money to buy another one. any way i can pass this task without buying a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sim can't walk to my telescope. What do I do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine couldn't get to the one on the left side of the park but could get to the one near the pond. Hope you figured this out already! Posting for others as well.

      Delete
  14. For some reason, I completed this one on time, but the Weather Machine still costs $777,777. Anyone knows why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! i think what you are talking about is the pee 'n vomit cleaner, the last item in the electronics tab. the weather machine should be the first item in the electronics. sorry for the late reply!

      Delete
    2. The weather machine is for 70,000 simoleans

      Delete
  15. Can you help me get enough similions to buy the world globe so please give me recommendations except buy it because I'm only allowed to get free stuff

    ReplyDelete
  16. How to do a task make a herbal tea please help me

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't find my telescope, can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't find my the telescope in my park.....please help me

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't find my telescope in the park. Please help !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't realize I'd have an alien named Osiris, and named one of my sims Osiris! I just started thus quest and I sincerely hope it doesn't cause a glitch :S

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! Whats electronics That i should buy?? Please reply

    ReplyDelete
  22. Help please I can't find any telescopes in the park. I would appreciate it if someone can help me I'm getting frustrated Thanks and God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Playing The Sims Freeplay: The Road to Fame Quest

Playing The Sims Freeplay: Adulthood Quest